“An Introduction to Intangible Asset (IA) and IP Valuation – deploying valuation to help drive business value & make good business decisions“
Join LES B&I and their IA Management & IP Valuation Committee for a webinar featuring invited panellists and a Q&A session.
–Dr Fernando Da Cruz Vasconcellos
IA Director, Valuation Consulting
-Dr André Gorius, PhD
Partner, HGF Law
Questions to be covered:
– What is Valuation and how can one use it to make better business decisions?
– What is the difference between Company and IP valuations? Which methods are most common for each case?
– What are some of the main purposes that valuations are used for? If you want to raise investment, licence IP, acquire/sell IP, transfer ownership of the IP to a holding company, or issuing management incentive schemes based on growth shares and IP: how should one approach valuation for each of these cases? What are tips that one should consider.
– How can you use IP valuations to help determine value and use it to negotiate licensing transactions? In this context, how do valuation experts respond to the question: how much should I charge for this licence? What is a reasonable royalty rate for this transaction? How important is performing a valuation to define a licence agreement?
– How is valuation used when spinning out technology?
– How is valuation used at the Corporate level?
– Who does this sort of work?
– It sounds expensive. How much does a valuation typically cost? Is it affordable for start-up companies and SMEs?
LES Members – Free
Non Members – £25